Monday, August 16, 2010

Spring Lake

This weekend Matt and I had the opportunity to go with our friends Carson and Chauncy Eggland down to Kirksville, MO to stay at Carson's parents' house on Spring Lake. It was an awesome trip and very relaxing! Our friends Pete and Hannah were supposed to come but couldn't make it.
Sadly, we didn't take any pictures but we definitely had fun swimming, reading, watching movies, cooking, and watching Matt and Carson play chess!! I have to admit that despite being together almost 4.5 years, I had no idea that my husband plays chess. And he is pretty good at it too! I guess you can still learn things about each other even when you think you know everything!
On the way back to Pella we got the good news that our new puppy was born Saturday the 14th. There are two red males so we will get to go down and pick him out in a couple weeks! My little sister is supposed to go see them soon and take some pictures, which I will share when I get them.
Finally when we got back home Matt and Pete played a round of golf at Bos Landen (where Matt works) and Hannah and I followed on our own cart. It was nice to get to talk to Hannah and enjoy the gorgeous evening! It even started feeling cool as it was getting dark. I'm excited for the heat and humidity of summer to be over!
Well, that's what's up with us! More to come soon I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment