Monday, March 21, 2011

MOVING!!!

It has been way too long since I've posted- I've been so busy but there is alot to catch up on!
Matt, Jeda, Maya, Koda and I are MOVING!!!! About two weeks ago Matt accepted a position as Assistant Manager of Recreation for Tan-Tar-A Resort in Osage Beach, Missouri. He starts exactly two weeks from today.
We have decided to buy a house down there and that has been an intense process. We have to go off of Matt's planned income alone since we don't know what job I will have down there yet. So I am job hunting, we are trying to sell Matt's truck and buy something a little cheaper, we are looking at and making offers on houses, and I am still training at my new job here on top of it all!!! Let's just say I've been pretty stressed but still excited. At this point we've made an offer on one house that we really like but have had two counter offers come back from the sellers. So we are not sure if we will end up with this house or not, which is sad because its the one that we definitely agreed that we both loved! Its hard to shop for your first home on a low budget but with solid ideas about what kind of space we need inside (for us) and outside (for the dogs!)
Which has led me to this thought... I have decided I hate the term "Plan B". No one wants to go to their Plan B-thats why it is Plan B! Because there is a "Plan A" that is in some way superior to Plan B in the first place! Currently I am talking about our housing situation- we really don't have much of a Plan B at this point because we both can't agree on what our second choice home is. Matt likes one that I agree is fantastic but has ZERO space outside for our dogs, and close neighbors-which I don't think it the right way to raise a German Shepherd puppy. But my second choice, while more logical in layout, isn't as nice or "loaded" inside. Oh the joys of becoming an adult! And trying to accomplish everything in a time crunch, becuase the longer it takes to buy a house, the longer Matt and I will live apart. There is no room for our pets in the place he will stay in until we close on a house- so that means living apart so I can stay in Pella, keep working here and job hunting for something down there, and take care of our pets. :(
Anyway I think I am ranting a bit. We are both super excited for this move, just getting through all of the details feels like walking through mud. And we are both sad anticipating time spent apart and living further away from our families and great friends. I guess that is the risk in life- trying something new always has downsides but you just have to hope the good outweighs the bad, which I think is definitely true in this case.
That's enough for today, but I will definitely post again when we have pictures to share of our new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment